Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Live your best life.. #1

Start everyday with a fresh new start.

Let go of what happened yesterday, last week, last month.. I know, easier to say than to do. Sometimes the stress of everyday life gets to you.. the stress is waiting for you the moment you open your eyes in the morning. This is something I want to work on to live my BEST life. We only have one..

I'm really awful about holding on to anger sometimes. Whether the issue started yesterday or last year, if you've got me to the point where I feel sincerely wronged (doesn't happen often), then there's really no going back.
"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else. You are the only one who gets burned." -Buddha
It's so true! What good can it do to focus on hurt or anger from yesterday? Or in another light.. If you are constantly holding onto pain, how can you enjoy the beauty of today? How can you create a beautiful present for yourself? You can't. On top of that, I'm a huge believer of like attracting like. If you focus on pain, anger, and negativity, you will only bring more of that towards you and into your life.

Let the pain, anguish, failure, or upset from yesterday be an important lesson that you've learned. Take it in. Think about what you can take away from the situation.. and move on.

I want to start living every day not in the past but in the PRESENT. What beauty can we find in each and every moment? It's an opportunity that we have every day; to get out of bed, and try again. Each and every person has the power to choose what will become of his or her "today". The past will never again be here, there will never be an opportunity to change it. What a powerful thought that all of us can choose to move ahead, think positive, and create our own amazing destiny. :)

I think of this as spring cleaning for my soul. 
"Every day is a new beginning. Treat it that way. Stay away from what might have been, and look at what can be."
What can I do to live every day with a fresh start?  How many days do you wake up for work or school, hit snooze 5 times, and think "Ugh, another day of THIS?" I do it too. It's waking up and focusing on the negative. So, before I put my two feet on the ground in the mornings, I will make a conscious decision that I will have a blessed day. Focus on a positive thought. Change your perspective.

It's true, we cannot control what might happen when we leave the comfort of home and take on the day. What we can control is how we react to these things. Food for thought!

Via Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment